Tuesday, October 7, 2014

"E Squared" by Pam Grout


So I've been reading this book, "E squared" by Pam Grout, about how there is this force out there that we just have to tap into to change our lives and the world. It contains nine experiments to prove that this field exists. The first one is simply suspending ones disbelief and saying (and I'm paraphrasing here) "Hey, field. I need some proof that you exist. Not just a nudge or something I can pass off as coincidence but some real proof. And hey, you've got 48 hours starting now." then you go about really looking for signs during that time frame. Simple enough.

At any rate I gave it a shot, starting at 08:48 A.M. on Oct 5 and ending at 08:48 A.M. on Oct 7, and here are my results. About 15 hours later a gal I work with pulled up in front of my truck, jumped out and gave me a chocolate bar, not a Hershey's bar (which, by the way, I'm not a huge fan of) but a 70% dark chocolate bar with chili's and a bit of orange. Something I never would have bought for my self because I have a hard time paying more than a buck for something I'm not sure I will like. But it was totally delicious and very cool to get random chocolate (thanks Teresa!).

Fast forward about another 12 hours and I'm stopped at a rest area because my bladder can't handle the amount of Monsters I've drank, and I find a colorful leather bracelet sitting by the sink. My first inclination was to find who it belonged to because it was small, possibly a child's. So I took it outside, looked around and there were no children in the rest area. I put it back thinking someone would be back for it and then started thinking, someones probably going to come in and just toss it, and I bet my daughter would like this and the owner probably isn't going to come all the way back for it before it gets chucked.

During that 48 hours I also hit one lane construction just as they were letting my side through, saw a couple of coyotes, got a brisket sandwich and chips from another one of my co-workers (Thanks Jeff!),  got a call that payroll had finally corrected the amount they were deducting for health insurance, and just had a really great couple of days.

So to conclude, whether there's a field I jacked into or whether I just noticed good things because I was looking for them, it doesn't really matter, the experiment worked. I had a lot of fun and am looking forward to trying more of the experiments.

Oh, and by the way, I told my 7 year old about it, so she gave it a shot. This morning one of our neighbors brought us a giant box of walnuts and the first thing my daughter said was. "The universe brought me walnuts, do I like walnuts?" Turns out she does!

No comments:

Post a Comment